Peel REGION Seniors Dental Program
This program was created to help seniors who have no dental insurance and cannot afford the cost of dental care. The program provides basic dental services to low income seniors who qualify.
Region of Administration:
Government / Department:
Peel Public Health
Seniors must first call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700 to find out if they are eligible for the dental services.
To be eligible, seniors must meet all six criteria:
1. Be 65 years or older
2. Live in Brampton, Caledon or Mississauga
3. Be a Canadian citizen or legal resident
4. Have no access to any form of dental coverage (including government programs such as Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP),Ontario Works (OW), and Non-Insured Health Benefits)
5. Have no previous dental care that was paid for by the Region of Peel's Seniors' Dental Program
6. Have an income of less than $19,597 for one person household or $23,850 for a two person household (effective July 1, 2013)
It provides basic dental care including cleanings, fillings, dentures, etc. This program does not cover all dental services and it is not an insurance plan.
How it Works:
Currently accepting people to waiting list.
Due to the overwhelming response to this program, the wait time for acceptance into the program is approximately 18-24 months. Call 905-799-7700 to put your name on the waiting list.