Employment and Income Assistance



The Employment and Income Assistance Program (EIA) provides financial help to Manitobans who have no other way to support themselves or their families. For people who are able to work, EIA will help them go back to work by providing supports to employment.


Region of Administration:



Government / Department:

Department of Jobs and the Economy



All Manitobans can apply for EIA.

You may be eligible for financial help if you have no other way to support yourself or your family. If you are able to work, EIA will help you go back to work by providing supports to employment.

For more information on EIA eligibility and benefits that you may receive, please look at the EIA brochure that best fits your household situation.


How to apply for EIA:




Participants may receive dental services after three months of enrolment, except general assistance adults who must wait 6 months. Emergencies can be met during the waiting period. To receive benefits, participants see a dentist, or denturist, indicate they are receiving income assistance and present their Health Services card if they have one.

Children under the age of 18 receive up to $600 per year on basic restorative and preventative services.  For children requiring dental treatment under general anesthesia coverage is 100%   

Agreements with the Manitoba Dental Association and the Manitoba Denturists Association lists services covered and fees. All dentists and denturists have a copy of the applicable agreement. If dentists or denturists need additional authorization, they will contact Health Services staff directly at 945-8767.



Dentists, Denturists


Therapeutic Responsibility:

Dentists, Denturist





More information